Dental Implants in Omaha
Dental implants have proven to be a game-changer in restorative dentistry. They are the most reliable, long-term solution for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants may be right for you if you have missing teeth and have been looking for a solution to restore your smile’s functionality and beauty. At Legacy Dental in Omaha, Nebraska, we help patients restore their smiles with dental implants. Dental implants are an excellent procedure for those missing teeth and can help restore your smile, functionality, and beauty.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are screw-like devices that dentists place in your jawbone to replace missing teeth. These implants are made of titanium, a biocompatible material the body accepts.
The implant screw acts as the tooth’s root, and the crown or the artificial tooth is then attached securely to the implant. Over time, the implant will fuse with your jawbone fully, creating a solid bond. This process is called osseointegration. Once the implant fuses with your jawbone, a customized crown or artificial tooth is attached to the screw. The crown will resemble your natural teeth, restoring your smile’s beauty and function.
Dental Implant Procedure
The implant procedure is generally a two-step process that involves the surgical placement of the implant screw and the attachment of the crown a few months later.
- Consultation: Before beginning any procedure, our dentists, Dr. Lauren Semerad or Dr. Maggie Larsen, will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums to ensure dental implants are the correct course of action for your smile. If we find dental implants suit you, we will proceed to the next steps of the process.
- Dental Implant Procedure: To begin the procedure, we will administer local anesthesia to ensure a comfortable visit. During the procedure, your dentist will make an incision in your gum where the implant is to be placed. The dental implant is then surgically inserted into your jawbone. The site will then be closed with sutures, and healing will begin.
- After Healing: After a few months of allowing the implant to fuse with your jawbone, you will return to the office. During your final appointment, your dentist will attach a custom-made bridge, crown, or dentures to the implant, completing the implant process.
Dental Implant Aftercare
Dental implants don’t require any additional care besides regular brushing, flossing, and professional cleaning. Maintaining excellent oral hygiene is essential to ensure the implant’s longevity. The implant site may feel sore a few days after the procedure, but this can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication. It’s essential to avoid smoking, alcohol, and hot liquids for the first couple of days after surgery. Your dentist will give detailed instructions on caring for your implant to ensure successful healing.
Dental Implant Benefits
Dental implants have numerous benefits.
- Smile restoration: One of the most significant benefits is restoring your smile’s functionality and beauty.
- Durable: They are highly reliable and durable and can last a lifetime with proper maintenance.
- Prevention: Dental implants also prevent bone loss, which occurs when missing a tooth. The process of osseointegration ensures that the implant retains the bone mass, preventing further bone loss.
- Helps your bite: Dental implants also help maintain your natural bite force and prevent your natural teeth from shifting.
Dental Implants in Omaha, NE
Dental implants are an excellent solution for anyone missing a tooth or multiple teeth. With our superb dentists, Dr. Lauren Semerad and Dr. Maggie Larsen, you can rest easy knowing you are getting the best care for yourself and your smile. Missing teeth can be frustrating and embarrassing, but with dental implants in Omaha, you can get the treatment your smile needs. Dental implants are the solution for you if you want to replace missing teeth, whether caused by an accident or dental decay.